tomcat-users mailing list archives

From vim m <vim6662...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Apache2.0.40 Tomcat4.1.18 Integration on Linux 7.1
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:16:55 GMT
If it was a DNS problem, then shouldnt tomcat and
apache have problems running as standalones too??? I
am assuming here, correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway - http://thedomainname:8080/examples works from
remote systems and http://thedomainname/ too.
Like I told you http://localhost:8080/examples does
not work from the same system. This seems strange.

Cheers.
vim

--- "Turner, John" <JTurner@AAS.com> wrote:

> If you can't get responses when checking from a
> remote machine, you have a
> name resolution/DNS problem that is preventing
> thedomainname from resolving
> to a number.
>
> John

=== message truncated ===