tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sarah Grimley <sarahg...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Help: Tomcat swallowOutput, system.err, catalina.out and my log
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:28:52 GMT

We are trying to have our errors (SYSTEM.ERR, SYSTEM.OUT) sent to web-app specific logs, instead
of catalina.out.
We thought that the following would work, but seqreq_log_XXX only ends up with Java errors,
everything else goes to catalina.out:
 <!-- Tomcat seqreq Context -->
        <Context path="/seqreq" docBase="seqreq" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true" swallowOutput="true">
                   prefix="seqreq_log." suffix=".txt"
                 timestamp="true" verbosity="4"/>
        <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
                allowLinking="true"/>
        </Context>
Is there something else we need to modify?

Thanks,

Sarah