tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Resources for a Context
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:29:53 GMT

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, David Keyes wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:09:44 -0500
> From: David Keyes <david.keyes@flashline.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Resources for a Context
>
> I would be happy to make any modifications that would be required.  I've spent a bit
of time looking around at the source already, but I'm not sure what the best approach would
be.  It would be nice if it could be done in a "plugin" kind of way, but after looking around
a bit, it seems that the concept of a single physical directory as a docbase is pretty ingrained
(comments?).

#2 makes sense to me.  Basing your class on the existing code in
FileDirContext (in particular, you'll probably want to subclass
BaseContext), but allowing it to be configured with multiple directories,
should keep you very insulated from the rest of the Tomcat internals.
The rest of Tomcat just works through DirContext.

You'll have to decide what to do when there's more than one of the
directories that have a file or subdirectory of the same name -- perhaps
in the order that the directories are configured.

Craig