tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Anderson <a...@surf.co.nz>
Subject HttpServletRequest getPathInfo() decodes incorrectly?
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:48:26 GMT
HttpServletRequest getPathInfo() decodes incorrectly?

I'm trying out Tomcat 4.1.18. HttpServletRequest doesn't decode path
info like it does with Tomcat 4.0.6. I'm running Tomcat on JDk 1.4.1
and Win2K.

When I invoke the follwing servlet with
http://localhost:8080/test/TestServlet/a/%E4/b
req.getPathInfo() returns /a/?/b instead of /a/รค/b (the second element
in the path should be a funny scandinavian a with two dots above it).

public class TestServlet extends HttpServlet {

  public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
      throws ServletException, IOException {

    res.getOutputStream().print(req.getPathInfo());
    res.getOutputStream().close();
  }
}

Thanks,