tomcat-users mailing list archives

From steven melendez <stevenmelen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: new web application - inconsistent resource not found
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:50:04 GMT
Thanks for responding.  I can add a bit of detail.

What I have is a couple of jsp files and a couple of
servlets.  I put them in the examples directory, the
jsp in the top level, and the servlets in the
web-inf/classes directory.  I do not edit the web.xml
in this directory, and the application works.

I move to another directory, and set up the same
structure, but with a new web.xml file - it is the
bare minimum one found in webapps/ROOT/web-inf.  Since
I didn't add my servlets to the web.xml in the
examples directory and the servlets worked fine, I am
wondering why they don't work (or very inconsistently)
in the new directory, even if i now add them to the
web.xml similarly to this:

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>AddToSC</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>cart.AddToSCServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

any more ideas would again be appreciated.