tomcat-users mailing list archives

From steven melendez <stevenmelen...@yahoo.com>
Subject new web application - inconsistent resource not found
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:15:22 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using tomcat 4.1.18 on windows 98, and am having
problems setting up new web applications.  There
doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the web
applications as I can always get them to work in the
examples directory, but sometimes I get a resource not
found error message when trying to access pages in the
new directories/ web applications.  Sometimes when I
have this problem I simply copy everything in this
problem directory and paste it into a new directory
that I create in webapps, and then it works.

I am not using server.xml to set up new contexts -
simply creating a new directory in webapps.  I am
finding this a bit frustrating, as I restart tomcat,
restart my machine, and can't get it back, but then
suddenly it will just work again.  I'm having no
problems in the examples directory - I can always
access this content when I am having problems with
other directories in webapps.

Thanks,
-steven