tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Ousley <jeofat...@yahoo.com>
Subject forcing a jsp page to reload/refresh when backend data changes
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:08:34 GMT
Hello!

Forgive this very newbie-ish question. If someone
could point me in the right direction I would
appreciate it.

Is it possible/feasible to have .jsp page refresh the
data it's displaying when the data on the backend
changes? For example if I have a .jsp page that
queries and displays data from a database, can the
page be coded to monitor the data and when it changes,
refresh what is displayed in the user's browser?

I hope the question makes sense.

thanks!
-jeff