tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: JNDI Problem under 4.1
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:25:21 GMT
On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:32, Jacob Kjome wrote:
> change "user" to "username" and "driverName" to "url"

Did this - but still had the same problem.

A little reading put me right however, as I have now found that the reason was
that I was attempting to define the context in the <DefaultContext>. This
appears to work in 4.0, but not in 4.1. Instead you need to specify the
resource in a specific context, ie:

<Context path="/foobar" docBase="foobar" debug="0" reloadable="flase">

<Resource name="jdbc/foobar" auth="SERVLET" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/foobar">

All appears okay now, thanks for the quick replies,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message