tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pete...@nothingbutnet.co.nz
Subject JNDI Problem under 4.1
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:23:43 GMT
I have just installed Tomcat 4.1 - to date I have been using Tomcat 4.0. In
4.0 I have the following resource in the DefaultContext. I have copied this
context from the sever.xml of 4.0 to the server.xml of the 4.1 version.
Otherwise the war I am deploying on both is identical.

<DefaultContext debug="0" reloadable="false">

<Resource name="jdbc/foobar" auth="SERVLET" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/foobar">
</ResourceParams>

</DefaultContext>

In 4.0 everything runs fine, however when I run 4.1 I get the following:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

I did a search on google and there is one instance of something like a fix -
however it was due to the resource parameters being outside a context. In
this situation the resource parameters are clearly inside the DefaultContext.

I also did a search of the tomcat list and didn't find an answer. I was
wondering if I should stick with 4.0, or if there is a simple fix for 4.1?