tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rasputin <raspu...@idoru.mine.nu>
Subject Re: help - tomcat/dbcp deployment
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:40:53 GMT
* Paul Yunusov <pyunusov@rogers.com> [0127 19:27]:
> On Sunday 12 January 2003 02:50 pm, David Durst wrote:
> > > Well, to get DBCP working was not difficult at all. I just followed
> > > Tomcat how-to docs. And, as I learned from other people, it's being used
> > > on a production level.
 >
> > I have been trying to get this damn thing working w/ postgres for about
> > a week now.

> > I got it working on 1 machine (MY DESKTOP) from a completely fresh install
> > of 4.1.18 w/ J2SDK 1.4.

> > I attempted to duplicate the enviroment on the development server, and I
> > think I have achieved duplication, BUT it still doesn't work.

> > It seems not not be able to find the JDBC driver, it thinks the
> > driverClassName I am passing through is NULL.

> Try putting the driver's jar file in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext

I put the j2ee jarfile for postgresql in $catalina_home/common/lib/,
that worked fine. Get the latest jar from jdbc.postgresql.org and try that.
If the OP still has trouble and wants to compare notes, post again - this was a
doddle with my setup.

I'm using PgSQL 7.2.3 ( upgrading to 7.3.1 as I type this),
tomcat 4.1.18 and suns 1.3.1 jdk. Only snag I had was using md5 passwords to
authenticate tomcat itself, I fixed that by using the 7.3 postgresql jarfile.