tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Yunusov <pyunu...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Basic questions
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:08:28 GMT
On Saturday 11 January 2003 04:55 pm, Steve R Burrus wrote:
> Denise, can you figure out why this servlet doesn't seem to work for me at
> all. It's called the GreetingServlet.java

I am not Denise but I thought I'd throw something on the table. Change your
web.xml as shown below. You got your servlet-mapping element wrong before.
After that just make sure GreetingServlet.class is in webapps/<whatever your
webapp name is>/WEB-INF/classes and you're ready to go
(http://localhost:8080/<your webapp name goes here>/MyOwnServlet should work
then).

<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <!-- Servlet alias -->
    <servlet-name>greeting</servlet-name>

    <!-- Fully qualified Servlet class -->
    <servlet-class>GreetingServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>greeting</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/MyOwnServlet</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Paul