tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pulat Yunusov <>
Subject Re: interesting java.lang.NullPointerException error when first viewing an index.jsp page - refresh once and page loads correctly
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:13:08 GMT
On Friday 10 January 2003 04:40 pm, Brandon Rodak wrote:
> Paul,
> You can view the source of the page at
> and the full error and stack trace (?) at
> Thanks for the help,
> Brandon Rodak
> Web Services
> Computer Marketing Corporation
> &

Brandon, I meant you could look at index$ (line 75) mentioned in the
NPE stacktrace to look for clues. It's in your Tomcat's work directory
hierarchy. Can you post it too?

I am almost certain the problem is in that scriptlet at the top of the page
but without looking at the generated servlet's line 75, I can't tell which
null reference causes the NPE. The elders were right to caution against
scriptlets after all.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message