tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Yunusov <>
Subject Re: Cookies
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:47:01 GMT
On Friday 10 January 2003 04:23 pm, Luc Foisy wrote:
> Is the Cookie defined in the Servlet API permanent by default? It doesnt
> really say that in the docs. You might be able to assume that since you
> have a setMaxAge() method, but if you want to change it back to permanent,
> there would be no way to do so (not that I want to, just really wondering
> if its permanent)

I looked at from jakarta-servletapi-4 and there is a line that

private int maxAge = -1;	// ;Max-Age=VALUE ... cookies auto-expire

there. The constructor doesn't interfere with this either. I don't know if
this is implementation-dependent or established somewhere in the spec.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message