tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Baker <raschar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: iPlanet 6.0 / Tomcat 4.1.18 / W2k
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:18:16 GMT

--- "John P. Dodge" <dodge@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
wrote:
> You are probably going need to compile it yourself
> from the source. I have
> compiled it on Solaris and it is pretty simple, but
> I don't know about
> Win32.
>

> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Pipho Matt wrote:
>
> > We are trying to run Tomcat 4.1.18 as our servlet
> runner with iPlanet 6.0 as
> > the web server on a Windows 2000 server.  We have
> iPlanet and Tomcat running
> > successfully independently of each other.  We now
> would like to have iPlanet
> > forward the servlet requests to Tomcat.

I just did an install of iPlanet 6.0 and it includes a
Servlet/JSP container. I'm curious as to why you need
tomcat? I use tomcat with apache in other places, but
this particular job is anti-freesoftware so they
shelled out the bucks for iPlanet.

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/
If you cannot in the long run tell everyone what you have been doing,
your doing was worthless. -- Edwim Schrodinger