tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: FTP and Tomcat
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 19:20:04 GMT

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Shah, Sanjay wrote:

> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:17:06 -0500
> From: "Shah, Sanjay" <Sanjay.Shah@tfn.com>
> To: 'Craig R. McClanahan' <craigmcc@apache.org>
> Cc: 'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: FTP and Tomcat
>

> I am going to use http transfer method using tomcat (Second option in your
> response).
> Is there a way I can configure tomcat to redirect users to respective
> location/page/directory based on their user names?

You'd need to write a custom Valve (the Tomcat internal version of a
Filter) to do this, but it shouldn't be all that difficult.  If everything
is inside a single webapp, then writing your Filter (as part of the webapp
itself) would also be straightforward -- and portable to any Servlet 2.3
container as well.

Craig