tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Repost: Can't connect to a running network-enabled mysql server on localhost
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 03:58:06 GMT
John,

I haven't seen this, but I'm running a more convoluted
setup.

jdk 1.4.1_01
tomcat 4.1.18
cocoon2-dev (from cvs)

all on a Win2K/Pro box.

I have been able to get connections to mysql and
xindice.  I haven't tried postgresql yet since I don't
have a database in that.  All databases are local.

If memory serves my correctly, 4.0.3 was a problem
child for a number of reasons.  Can you move up to
4.0.6 and see if that helps with the problem?

Sorry to be not of much help.  I was going to say
check your host and user tables in mysql, but if you
can connect with the same URL, then that's obviously
not the problem.

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .