tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk tomcat/apache connector issue (dead horse)
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:36:09 GMT
Looks like there is a problem with setting up the
build environment (gcc, libtool, ld).  I don't have a
Solaris machine handy, so I'll try to comment on this
from memory.

You have been warned.

I'm guessing that libtool is sending options for the
GNU ld command, while it is executing the
Solaris-supplied ld command.

When you configured libtool during the installation
process, did it find the GNU ld command in
/usr/local/bin (ie., is that installed?) or just the
Solaris ld in /usr/ccs/bin/ld?.

If you have both and the configure script for libtool
found the GNU version, you'll have to modify your PATH
environment variable to place the GNU version before
the Solaris-supplied version.

Something like the following should do the trick:

export PATH=<blah>:<blah>:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

I hope this helps - /mde/

just my two cents . . . .

--- John Bullock <jbullock@bluestarsolutions.com>
wrote:
> Okay... last-ditch attempt before I reinstall
> Solaris 8 and start over from
> scratch...
>
> I tried manually running the following command to
> compile mod_jk.so
>
> /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -DSOLARIS -o
> mod_jk.so -I../common -I/usr/java/include
> -I/usr/java/include/solaris -lposi
> x4 -c ../common/*.c mod_jk.c
>
> following all the output from the libtool compiles,
> it ends with the
> following:
>
> /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent
> --mode=compile
> c   -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DSOLARIS2=8
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
>  -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -pthreads
> -I/usr/local/apache2/include -I../common -I/u
> sr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris
> -DSOLARIS  -c -o mod_jk.lo
> mod_jk.c && touch mod_jk.slo
>
> mod_jk.c:1539: warning: initialization from
> incompatible pointer type
>
> /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent
> --mode=link gcc -o
> mod_jk.so -I../common -I/usr/java/include
> -I/usr/java/include/solaris -DSOLA
> RIS  -lposix4 -rpath /usr/local/apache2/modules
> -module -avoid-version
> mod_jk.lo ../common/jk_worker.lo
> ../common/jk_util.lo
> ../common/jk_uri_worker_map.lo
> ../common/jk_sockbuf.lo ../common/jk_pool.lo
> ../common/jk_nwmain.lo ../common/jk_msg_buff.lo
> ../common/jk_md5.lo
> ../common/jk_map.lo ../common/jk_lb_worker.lo
> ../common/jk_jni_worker.lo
> ../common/jk_context.lo ../common/jk_connect.lo
> ../common/jk_ajp_common.lo
> ../common/jk_ajp14_worker.lo ../common/jk_ajp14.lo
> ../common/jk_ajp13_worker.lo ../common/jk_ajp13.lo
> ../common/jk_ajp12_worker.lo
>
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- -
>
> usage: ld

[-6:abc:d:e:f:h:il:mo:p:rstu:z:B:CD:F:GI:L:M:N:P:Q:R:S:VY:?]

=== message truncated ===