tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to organize your software in proper version control structure?
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:28:12 GMT

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Will Hartung wrote:

> Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:05:05 -0800
> From: Will Hartung <willh@msoft.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

The "Application Developer's Guide" that ships with Tomcat describes,
among other things, the directory structures I recommend for webapp
development:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-dev/appdev/

>From a source code control perspective, you'll note that it totally
separates the source files and JSPs from the webapp that is constructed,
which is built into a target directory that can then be deleted and
rebuilt at any time.

This is also the philosophy used to manage the source code of pretty much
all the Jakarta projects themselves (all of which are under CVS
management), and it works quite well.

Craig McClanahan