tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Abernethy IV" <aberne...@dynedge.com>
Subject Re: JDBCRealm
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 10:20:11 GMT
Ok, I tried cleartext passwords, but I came up with the same result.  I don't
understand why tomcat is able to start up at all, if the authentication is
failing.  When I run 'ps' after starting up tomcat, I see this process:

40 S postgres  2825  2758  0  75   0    -  2431 schedu 18:12 pts/0    00:00:00
postgres: tomcat template1 24.208.224.236 idle in transaction

Seeing this makes me believe that Tomcat is correctlty connecting to the
database at startup.  Is this true?  If so, why can't the admin or manager
apps authenticate?  They are using the same Realm (it's nested inside the
<Engine> tag) and I'm supplying the same username and password.

--
Robert Abernethy IV
Dynamic Edge, Inc.