tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Abernethy IV" <>
Subject JDBCRealm
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 05:12:38 GMT
I'm trying to set up a JDBCRealm for use with the admin and manager webapps.
The problem is that I am unable to authenticate any users.

- Tomcat 4.1.18
- Postgresql 7.3.1
- JDBC driver is in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
- Tomcat starts up fine, I just can't authenticate
- I can directly connect to my database with the username and password
- I have created the 'admin' and 'manager' groups in the database
- I have added the users to both groups

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
   connectionName="tomcat" connectionPassword="tomcat"
        userTable="pg_shadow" userNameCol="usename" userCredCol="passwd"
    userRoleTable="pg_groupview" roleNameCol="groname"
           digest="MD5" />

2003-01-02 12:34:34 JDBCRealm[Standalone]: Username tomcat NOT successfully

Any ideas?

Robert Abernethy IV
Dynamic Edge, Inc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>