tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Syukri Jamaluddin" <syukri.ja...@time.net.my>
Subject error 404 when calling servlet
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 04:25:49 GMT
hi,
i'm new tomcat user (using 4.1.18 in windows 98), got a problem with my
servlet.

-i've constructed my webapp class dir "\webapp\mysystem\WEB-INF\classes"
and i'd put a sevlet there named MyServlet.class (this servlet works in
another web app server)

-i've tried to call directly from browser
"http://127.0.0.1:8080/mysystem/servlet/MyServlet" and got response:

HTTP Status 404 - /mysystem/servlet/MyServlet
type: Status report
message: /mysystem/servlet/MyServlet
available.

-i've checked the server.xml file, it's all there (the Context element)
and i've follow all the "App Developer Guide".

-is there anything that i've missed to configure or any suggestion to
make this thing works, please.

thank you.