tomcat-users mailing list archives

From klavs klavsen ...@vsen.dk>
Subject RE: java.io.IOException - whats up?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:42:20 GMT
On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 12:34, Daniel Brown wrote:
> Klavs,
>
> From the error message, it sounds like:
>
> /opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/../server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar
>
> cannot be created, probably because the directory structure required isn't
> there.
>
> If you canonicalise the path, you end up with the following:
>
> /opt/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar
>
> If you do an
>
> ls /opt/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/lib
>
> do you get a listing, or 'No such file or directory' ?

I get output:
struts.jar

so that seems fine.

> I'm puzzled about where the 'server' path element came from - you would
> expect webapps to be in the 'tomcat' directory, not in 'tomcat/server'...

I'm new to tomcat - so I don't have a clue :)

> What does
>
> ls /opt/jakarta/tomcat/server
>
> give you?

classes  lib  webapps

Anything wrong? Please don't hesitate to ask, if you need more info, or
need me to try anything.
--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen

--------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------
              Klavs Klavsen - Open Source Consultant
            klavs@EnableIT.dk - http://www.EnableIT.dk

    Get PGP key from www.keyserver.net - Key ID: 0x586D5BCA
Fingerprint = 2873 188C 968E 600D D8F8  B8DA 3D3A 0B79 7E06 3C62
Open Source Software - Sometimes you get more than you paid for.
                                                 -- unknown