tomcat-users mailing list archives

From klavs klavsen ...@vsen.dk>
Subject java.io.IOException - whats up?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:22:02 GMT
Hi guys,

I've gotten help from John Turner on this problem of mine (where
/manager works, and /admin gives me a 404.

The error logs have this output:

> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
>         at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
>         at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1313)
>         at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1401)
>         at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1438)
>         at
>
> I'm not familiar enough with the admin app to know what it's trying to do
> there, but obviously it wants to create a file somewhere, and can't.
> Whatever it is, its happening right here:
>
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:930)
>
> ...and the last thing it was trying to do was:
>
> 2003-01-28 17:15:56 WebappLoader[/admin]: Deploy JAR /WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar
> /opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/../server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar
>
> So....what's up with that directory path?  Anything?  Permissions, etc.?
> Anyone else know exactly what's going on?

the server process is run by root - and root can access the directory.

Does anyone have an idea what's up ? it's tomcat-4.1.18(binaries package) on a Gentoo Linux
server.

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen

--------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------
              Klavs Klavsen - Open Source Consultant
            klavs@EnableIT.dk - http://www.EnableIT.dk

    Get PGP key from www.keyserver.net - Key ID: 0x586D5BCA
Fingerprint = 2873 188C 968E 600D D8F8  B8DA 3D3A 0B79 7E06 3C62
Open Source Software - Sometimes you get more than you paid for.
                                                 -- unknown