tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Johnson <...@miketec.org>
Subject Invalid TLD resource path
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:18:09 GMT

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to upgrade from working Tomcat 4.0.x installs to
the latest 4.1, but I've been getting the following exception on all of
my jar files for the whole 4.1 release branch during the server startup:

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid TLD resource path
/WEB-INF/lib/reports.jar
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:898)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:868)

-----------------------------
(exception stops the loading of the context, but will be thrown for all
the jars in WEB-INF/lib/*)

This is on a freshly untar'ed binary, running on Debian unstable.
Currently I'm on PPC and Blackdown sdk 1.3.1, but I've been getting the
same exception on x86 and Sun's 1.4.x sdk.

But I'm guessing by the source that there's something wrong with my
config, the relevant part is here:

------------------------------ ContextConfig.java:894
        try {
            URL url =
		context.getServletContext().getResource(resourcePath);
            if (url == null) {
                throw new IllegalArgumentException
                    (sm.getString("contextConfig.tldResourcePath",
                                  resourcePath));
            }
------------------------------

The only configuration changes I made was to add a definition in
server.xml (from the new Tomcat tarball, not the old release):

<Context path="/dealernet" docBase="dealernet" debug="0"
reloadable="true" />

The same exception happens even with this commented out... I've also
attached my web.xml for the "dealernet" app. I appreciate any help!

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

    <!-- General description of your web application -->

    <display-name>Dealernet</display-name>
    <description>
         It's great.
    </description>

    <context-param>
      <param-name>webmaster</param-name>
      <param-value>webmaster@trinitycapital.com</param-value>
      <description>
        The EMAIL address of the administrator to whom questions
        and comments about this application should be addressed.
      </description>
    </context-param>

    <listener>

<listener-class>com.trinitycapital.DB.PoolContextListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <listener>

<listener-class>com.trinitycapital.dn.Container.DnSessionListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>PostgreSql</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.trinitycapital.dn.Container.PostgreSql</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.trinitycapital.dn.beans.documents.WebdavServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>0</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>listings</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <!-- Uncomment this to enable read and write access -->
    <init-param>
      <param-name>readonly</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>6</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <!-- The mapping for the webdav servlet -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/docs/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>