tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andres Montiel <>
Subject Trying to setup Tomcat with Apache in Linux: module "mod_jk.c" is not compatible with this version of Apache
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:00:09 GMT
I have already installed the rpm version of Tomcat (taken from
and the related webapps (,
I also installed JK (taken from
and put (taken from
)in /etc/http/modules and renamed the file to I have also set it to the proper
permissions (755).

I also put the following lines in httpd.conf

LoadModule jk_module modules/

#AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd2/conf/
JkLogFile /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info

I then tried to restart Apache. However, it did not start and gave me
the error message:

Starting httpd: httpd: module "mod_jk.c" is not compatible with this
version of Apache.
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

Did I miss a file or download? or perhaps an easier way to let Apache
parse JSP files properly? :)

I am using RedHat 8.0 with Apache 2

I got the instructions on how to install
these from

- Andres Montiel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>