tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sravi...@email.sjsu.edu
Subject Regarding deploying a web app
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:59:23 GMT
Hi,
   I have a webapp, in which a jsp calls a bean class.The bean class is under
web-inf/classes dir.server.xml has an entry for the doc base but I get a 500
error , the Bean class is not identified.I appreciate any help .

Thanks
Sunil

An error occurred at line: 2 in the jsp file: /login.jsp

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
\work\Standalone\localhost\WebMail\login_jsp.java:42: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class WebMailBean
location: class org.apache.jsp.login_jsp
      WebMailBean webMail = null;
      ^

An error occurred at line: 2 in the jsp file: /login.jsp

Generated servlet error:
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
\work\Standalone\localhost\WebMail\login_jsp.java:44: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class WebMailBean
location: class org.apache.jsp.login_jsp
        webMail = (WebMailBean) pageContext.getAttribute("webMail",
PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);
                   ^

An error occurred at line: 2 in the jsp file: /login.jsp

Generated servlet error:
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
\work\Standalone\localhost\WebMail\login_jsp.java:47: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class WebMailBean
location: class org.apache.jsp.login_jsp
            webMail = (WebMailBean) java.beans.Beans.instantiate(this.getClass
().getClassLoader(), "WebMailBean");
                       ^
3 errors