tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ed Robbins>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.18 and HttpsURLConnection
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 06:35:20 GMT
I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem in Tomcat 4.1.18.  I
just upgraded from 4.0.4 where I have a struts application that uses the
HttpsURLConnection class to open a connection and do a POST:

URL url;
HttpsURLConnection httpsConn = null;

url = new"https://www.someserver");
httpsConn = (HttpsURLConnection)url.openConnection();

I'm using j2sdk1.4.1_01 and all is well under Tomcat 4.0.4, however when
I run it under 4.1.18 I get a ClassCastException on this line:

httpsConn = (HttpsURLConnection)url.openConnection();

Any ideas?  I'm running a very simple configuration, a host entry
pointing to the correct docBase and a Context under that pointing to the
correct docBase and giving the path.

Ed Robbins <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>