tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-sala...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject RE: configure CoyoteConnector with mod_jk in tomcat 4.1.x
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:18:14 GMT
<clear>
OK, I wasn't clear about the workers.properties. I was thinking that it
was also used by tomcat. I thought that I could configure several
workers by in configuration file that a tomcat would create on
initialization. Workers to me were processes: 2 workers for apj13, more
2 for apj14, .... But, workers are just *tomcat instances*! In that
context, workers.properties only have meaning to apache! I'm clear now,
thanks!
</clear>

<two-more-things>
<one>
To have several tomcat instances in one machine, they must run in
different ports. To achieve that we should create several Connectors
configured in different ports on the server.xml, or should we run
different processes (different JVMs) by running several "catalinas"?
</one>
<two>
So, what could be wrong when I use the CoyoteConnector? The
workers.properties should be the same as for the Apj13Connector, and it
works with me!
</two>
</two-more-thing>