tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick Torenvliet <n...@fieldstonesolutions.com>
Subject Re: limiting access by IP address
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:25:12 GMT
I don't know of any documentation on the subject, but one way I've seen
it done was to search though the http header for the sender of the
request.  This will (if I remember right) always be an ip address.
You can then do a regex check on the ip and if it checks out let it
through your gateway action or not.

I believe the java.net packages have what you need.  If you down load
the project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscarmcmaster or at
http://www.oscarhome.org/  .The login java files there have a working
open source example.  The oscar web app allows intranet and internet
users to login, but it requires a pin number(second password) from
someone who is making a request from a non-intranet ip.

Just ask questions on the sourceforge forum or at the forum on
www.oscarhome.org if you would like some help wading through the files.

~/nick