tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Ricker <bric...@wellinx.com>
Subject Re: running tomcat as a non-root user?
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:29:36 GMT
On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 18:13, waimun wrote:

> P.S. Btw, does anyone know is there a way where I could run w/o login/su'ing to normal
user; ie as root, fire up startup.sh but processes created will be by owner of the tomcat
files?

Just create a init-like script that calls the startup.sh using 'su'. The
line would read something like: 'su tomcat -c "/path/to/startup.sh".
Then, you can run the init script as root and, well, use it as an init
script!

Ben Ricker
Wellinx.com

> On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 02:21:47AM +0530, karthikeyan.balasubramanian wrote:
> > Hi can you tell what are all the steps you followed.
> >
> > Would be helpful for me in future when i do this.
> >
> > karthikeyan.

Ben Ricker <bricker@wellinx.com>
Wellinx.com