tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesper Birch <>
Subject JK2/tomcat 4.1.18 - broken pipe problem
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:01:56 GMT

I have setup a environment with Apache 2.0.43, Tomcat 4.1.18 and JK2

Everything seems to work fine, except an error message I get time to
time in my logs:

2003-01-02 05:55:56,681 [Thread-49] ERROR
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler - Error in action code Broken pipe   at Method)      at  at       at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(      at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(    at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.action(        at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(
at org.apache.coyote.Response.finish( at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.OutputBuffer.close(
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponse.finishResponse(     at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(      at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(
       at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(  at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(
   at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection( at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$   at

It does not seems like the users on my site has any problems when it
appears. So I am not sure when exactly this is happening.

Can somebody explain for me the condition for when this should happen -
so I can look into this error, or maybe somebody has an idea to what the
problem can be ?! Or it should be in that way ?! :-)

Jesper Birch

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message