tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesper Birch <bi...@outpost24.com>
Subject JK2/tomcat 4.1.18 - broken pipe problem
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:01:56 GMT
Hi,

I have setup a environment with Apache 2.0.43, Tomcat 4.1.18 and JK2
connector.

Everything seems to work fine, except an error message I get time to
time in my logs:

2003-01-02 05:55:56,681 [Thread-49] ERROR
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler - Error in action code
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe   at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)      at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)  at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)       at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(ChannelSocket.java:435)      at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:627)    at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.action(JkCoyoteHandler.java:372)        at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:222)
at org.apache.coyote.Response.finish(Response.java:343) at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.OutputBuffer.close(OutputBuffer.java:326)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponse.finishResponse(CoyoteResponse.java:500)     at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:224)      at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)
       at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)  at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:632)
   at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:590) at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:707)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:530)   at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

It does not seems like the users on my site has any problems when it
appears. So I am not sure when exactly this is happening.

Can somebody explain for me the condition for when this should happen -
so I can look into this error, or maybe somebody has an idea to what the
problem can be ?! Or it should be in that way ?! :-)

Thanks

Jesper Birch