tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Lee" <Michael....@sybase.com>
Subject SSL problem
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:36:26 GMT
Hi All,
I tried to create a keystore using the instructions for Tomcat in a UNIX
environment:

keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

I changed the password from "changeit". I updated the SSL connector in
server.xml adding:

keystorePass="mynewpassword"

After restarting the server catalina.out contained exceptions stating that
the keystore password was incorrect or that the keystore file was tampered
with. After adding the keystoreFile attribute to the SSL connector and
trying other combinations I eventually gave up and deleted the keystore file
intending to redo the entire keytool process.

I've been unable to redo the keytool command:

keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

The original password "changeit" doesn't work, and neither does the new one
I used. I keep receiving the following error:

keytool error: KeyPairGenerator not available

What can I do to solve this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael