tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Holmes Jr." <tomhol...@attbi.com>
Subject Virtual Hosts
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:37:27 GMT
I have finally discovered the problem on why some of my web-apps are working
and some are not ... it is either my configuration or a MAJOR SERIOUS BUG
with Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.18 on Windows 2000.

I have included a copy of my httpd.conf file because it is the only one that
matters here.  The server.xml file has one <Engine> tag and then it has 4
different <Host> tags with 1 <Context> for each virtual host.

When we have two virtual host/web-apps listed below ONLY the JSP pages work
for the second web-app.  They do NOT work for the first web-app listed.  If
I flip these virtual hosts around and then restart the Apache/Tomcat server,
then the opposite is true.  I then tried 3 web-apps and again ... ONLY the
last web-app works and the JSP pages are correctly served.

If anyone needs the other files:  jk2.properties or workers2.properites or
server.xml, please let me know and I can provide them.  I am sure that these
files are ok.  Switching the <Host> tags around in the <Engine> tag did not
seem to have any effect.

I may try this same configuration on my Red Hat Linux 8.0 box and see if the
same problem happens.  At least that way I could say the problem is
cross-platform or just limitations on the Windows 2000 versions.

If I can be of any help, or if you need any more information, please let me
know.  I ask that someone please look at this issue and my configuration and
recommend a solution.   I really want to use Apache and Tomcat together, but
this is incredibly frustrating and should not be a problem.   Thanks.

                  Tom

<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName test.tomholmes.net
 ServerAdmin tomholmes@attbi.com
 DocumentRoot d:/web_software/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/wwwroot/test
 <Location "/*.jsp">
  JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
 </Location>
 ErrorLog logs/test-error_log
 CustomLog logs/test-access_log common
 DirectoryIndex default.jsp index.jsp
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName meditech.tomholmes.net
 ServerAdmin tomholmes@attbi.com
 DocumentRoot d:/web_software/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/wwwroot/meditech
 <Location "/*.jsp">
  JkUriSet uri meditech.tomholmes.net
  JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
 </Location>
 ErrorLog logs/meditech-error_log
 CustomLog logs/meditech-access_log common