tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shawn" <javajun...@koyuru.com>
Subject Re: Need help w. servlet mapping tag.
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:31:46 GMT
I can't ell the problem without seeing your web.xml

Shawn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve R Burrus" <burrus21@yahoo.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 3:08 PM
Subject: Need help w. servlet mapping tag.

> Hello all, I need help with setting the servlet tags as contained in the
web.xml
> file to be able to FINALLY see/view either a JSP or a Servlet!! When I
start up
> Tomcat, I seem to get this damn error msg. :
>
>  SEVERE: Parse Error at line 14 column 46: The content of element type
"servlet-m
> apping" is incomplete, it must match "(servlet-name,url-pattern)".
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type
"servlet-mapping" is
> incomplete, it must match "(servlet-name,url-pattern)".
>         at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Er
> rorHandlerWrapper.java:232)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.
> java:173)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.
> java:371)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.
> java:305)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(XMLDTDVal
> idator.java:1918)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(XMLDTDValidator
> .java:851)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(
> XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1008)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContent
> Dispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1469)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XM
> LDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:329)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.jav
> a:525)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.jav
> a:581)
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.j
> ava:1175)
>         at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1495)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationConfig(ContextCo
> nfig.java:282)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:63
> 9)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfi
> g.java:243)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
> eSupport.java:166)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
> 567)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)

>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)

>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347
> )
>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
> 97)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:218
> 9)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>         at
> java:39)
>         at
> sorImpl.java:25)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> Jan 10, 2003 8:42:08 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
> SEVERE: End event threw exception
>         at
> java:39)
>         at
> sorImpl.java:25)
>         at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.jav
> a:228)
>         at
org.apache.commons.digester.CallMethodRule.end(CallMethodRule.java:49
> 1)
>         at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1036)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXPar
> ser.java:585)
>         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBind
> [...]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347
> )
>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
> 97)
>         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:218
> 9)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>         at
> java:39)
>         at
> sorImpl.java:25)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Servlet mapping specifies
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addServletMapping(StandardCo