tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Schild" <chris.sch...@corridortechnology.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Apache directories, jsp/servlet path
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:34:08 GMT
Yes, I believe I am confusing myself!  (:  I've looked at to manys docs and
started circling myself...
Anyhow,
1) I have the a Host element of mycompany.com
2) The appBase is QV
3) admin.xml is defined in QV/admin.xml
4) Here is the admin.xml
<Context path="/admin" docBase="../QV/webapps/admin"
        debug="0" privileged="true">

  <!-- Uncomment this Valve to limit access to the Admin app to localhost
   for obvious security reasons. Allow may be a comma-separated list of
   hosts (or even regular expressions).
  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
    allow="127.0.0.1"/>
  -->

             prefix="QV_admin_log." suffix=".txt"
          timestamp="true"/>

</Context>

Everything seems clear but I'm obviously doing something wrong!
aaarrrrghh...

When I enter the url http://mycompany.com/examples I get Forbidden  You
don't have permission.....
When I enter the url http://mycompany.com/examples/jsp/index.html all is
well.
When I enter the url http://mycompany.com/admin I get a 404....

Thanks John you've been extremely helpful!