tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Lipofsky" <>
Subject Logging (was Re: How do I...)
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:04:42 GMT
> To properly handle logging, you might want to check out or
> commons-logging.  It's one of the first things I setup for a project, it
> makes debugging extremely smooth.

I agree, and I have converted all the backend stuff to use log4j.
But the 400 JSP files that already exist would take a while to convert
and we don't have the resources.  Not too much of a problem
right now because we only have one webapp.

Another question:
The default loggers roll over the file at midnight and timestamp them
with the date.  For the develeopment servers, which we restart many
times a day, it would be nice to roll the files at every restart and stamp
them with both date and time.  I kludged log4j to do this for the
log4j files, but is there an easy way to do this with the Tomcat loggers?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message