tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Schild" <chris.sch...@corridortechnology.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Apache directories, jsp/servlet path
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:31:16 GMT
> If you want to auto-deploy, then you need to look at
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/admin.xml and $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/manager.xml
for
> examples on how to auto-deploy a Context.  Respectively, those two files
> will make http://localhost/admin and http://localhost/manager work.
>
> John

Auto-deploy is the goal, I have copied the examples from localhost/admin to
mycompany.com/admin appBase
I used the examples above to try to get to http://mycompany.com/admin but I
get a 404 error?  http://mycompany.com/examples also doesn't work BUT
http://mycompany.com/examples/jsp/index.html works fine....

Could the error be coming from my appBase/WEB-INF/web.xml file not being
defined correctly????

I think I need to step away and come back but I hate quitting!!!