tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Jessel" <ben.jes...@morpheme.co.uk>
Subject Realm not working now I've moved from Win2K to Linux
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 10:44:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a JDBC realm set up that interfaces with a mysql database in tomcat 4.0 on a windows
2000 server. This has been working fine - I place my pages under the security constraint,
and I am forwarded to the login page o.k. Entering my details then puts me to the 'login correct'
page, and all is good. Now I have now migrated to tomcat 4.0 on Mandrake 9, and I cannot log
in. I have turned up debugging to full, and I can see that authorization is fine. I can see
the sql and see the results being returned, however, I keep getting forwarded back to the
login page. My configurations are very similar! Though, strangely enough, the RPM that I got
from RPM finder has different ports configured to the win2k ones. I've replaced the server.xml
with the one from the win2k distribution of Tomcat 4.0.

Thanks

Ben