tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rami Ojares" <rami.oja...@legosoft.net>
Subject Evaluating jsp inside java
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:06:16 GMT
Hi

I am building tag <reevaluate> which takes it's
bodycontent and evaluates it as jsp.

Ex.
<reevaluate>
    <getSomeDataThatHappensToBeArbitratyJSPWithTagsAndAll />
</reevaluate>

So in doEndTag() I get the body content and would like to have a method
like this

String Jasper.evaluate(String arbitraryJsp, ServletContext sameContext)

Because I could not decipher Jasper's logic well enough I tried also
writing body content to temporary file and then including that jsp file
with RequestDispatcher. But that also gives me error that getOutputStream has already been
called.

I even tried to implement my own HttpServletResponse that just stores in StringBuffer
everything that is written to it but that gives some obscure errors too.

Any ideas/knowledge?

- rami