tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre Yves Monnet" <pierre-yves.mon...@cgey.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.18 can't start
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:34:01 GMT
Hello,

Here my problem :
I install on  a W2000 professional a J2re1.4.1, then a Tomcat
4.1.18-LE-JDK14
Tomcat don't want to start correctly. After a start, I receive on the URL
the following error via a web browser :
ETAT HTTP 500
Message :
Description : the server meet an internal error
Exception:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandle
r.java:130)
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:2
93)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:340)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:352)
 at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:4
74)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:1
84)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
 at
FilterChain.java:247)
 at
ain.java:193)
 at
va:260)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
va:191)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
 at
)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
java:170)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
:174)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
 at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:386)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:534)
 at
a:530)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I tried to start the service manualy to see what's happen, and an error
arrive in the catalina.bat script :

D:\Tomcat 4.1.18>start "Tomcat"     -Djava.endorsed.dirs="" -classpath
";.\bin\b
ootstrap.jar" -Dcatalina.base="." -Dcatalina.home="." -Djava.io.tmpdir=".\te
mp"
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap  start
The system cannot find the file -Djava.endorsed.dirs=.

I tried to install oon a second machine : same problem.
Tomcat 3.1 is run correctly,else I can't run it as a service...

Is someone has this error and fix it ?
I look in the bug report database, bu no bug event are referenced. Same in
FAQ.

Thanks you !

Pierre-Yves Monnet

Pierre-Yves Monnet - Project Manager