tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Villa" <jvi...@isdesigndev.com>
Subject RE: Document Root
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:04:03 GMT
thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Yunusov [mailto:pyunusov@rogers.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 10:09 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Document Root

On Saturday 11 January 2003 10:57 am, Jonathan Villa wrote:
> I just started messing around with Tomcat and would like to know if I
> can change the Document Root to a location which I prefer. For
example,
> my machine (windows) has 2 partitions, c: and d:.  C is where I store
my
> program files, including Apache, Netbeans, Tomcat, etc.  And D is
where
> I have source code files which run under Apache. In my httpd.conf file
> have DocumentRoot "d:/is/clients/".
>
> Now what makes this a Tomcat question is that I would like to have
> d:/is/java (notice that it's not under my apache docroot) as my
> directory for my java source code, so how can I do it.
>
> Foolish question but need clarification.
> What are the differences between c:/tomcat/work/standalone/localhost
and
> c:/tomcat/webapps.  For example where do I put my code?!?  I am
> wondering because the docs say c:/tomcat/webapps, but yet when I hit
> localhost/examples/... it goes to c:/tomcat/work/standalone/localhost.
>
> Hope I make sense.
>

> Jonathan Villa
> Application Developer
> IS Design & Development
> isdesigndev.com
> 414.429.0327

Check this out:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

in particular, the appBase attribute.

and this:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html
and the docBase attribute.

As for the work directory, it shouldn't bother you at all because it's
for
internal Tomcat use. The webapps directory is the default location for
your
web applications in Tomcat. You can change that location using the
information from the first link above.

Paul

For additional commands, e-mail: