tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kaustuv Sharma" <skaust...@neline.com>
Subject Re: ldap library for tomcat
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:03:24 GMT
I too am using the Netscape Directory SDK for Java since 2 years, and it hasn't given me any
trouble. It is quite stable and has a good documentation and tutorials to go with it.

Regards,
Kaustuv
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Durst
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 2:27 AM
  Subject: Re: ldap library for tomcat

  > Or maybe a free one .. have a look at com.novell.ldap on
  > http://www.openldap.org ..
  >
  > eriam
  >
  > Rob A. Augustinus a écrit:
  >
  >>import javax.naming.ldap;

  Netscape has a package that I have used, very stable and solid.
  I never checked into the licensesing because I was working on a
  academic project.

  I believe you can also cruise through ldap using JNDI which is probably
  a overall better long term solution then using LDAP specific libraries.

  Just a thought.