tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Winter" <jeffreywin...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: Servlet Mapping Strategy w/ user-specific URLs
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:35:09 GMT

> At 01:48 PM 1/8/2003, you wrote:
> >So you're talking about using the sorts of Filters available as of the
> >Servlet 2.3 spec?  That actually sounds promising, I'll take a look at
it.

> Yep.

Okay, one question about this: in the Filter, I'd parse the url and
determine
which servlet should be the target, either the "UserServlet" or
"ResourceServlet"
and then create an apporpriate RequestDispatcher.  Then call,

    dispather.forward(...);

This would happen instead of calling, say,

    chain.doFilter(...);

So basically, this would need to be the last Filter in any FilterChain that
I may create, because the chain would be broken since I wouldn't be calling
doFilter() in that Filter.

Does this sound about right or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.