tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Winter" <>
Subject Re: Servlet Mapping Strategy w/ user-specific URLs
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:35:09 GMT

> At 01:48 PM 1/8/2003, you wrote:
> >So you're talking about using the sorts of Filters available as of the
> >Servlet 2.3 spec?  That actually sounds promising, I'll take a look at
> Yep.

Okay, one question about this: in the Filter, I'd parse the url and
which servlet should be the target, either the "UserServlet" or
and then create an apporpriate RequestDispatcher.  Then call,

This would happen instead of calling, say,

So basically, this would need to be the last Filter in any FilterChain that
I may create, because the chain would be broken since I wouldn't be calling
doFilter() in that Filter.

Does this sound about right or is there something I'm missing?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message