tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Bullock" <jbull...@bluestarsolutions.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk tomcat/apache connector issue
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:27:55 GMT
No problem, John. (nice name ;)

Versions:
Solaris 8
gcc 2.95.3
libtool 1.4
tar 1.13.19
tomcat connectors source 4.1.18
etc. (let me know if you need any more versions for make, autoconf, etc.)

Following the instructions for mod_jk on your how-to and
'src/jk/native/BUILDING', I run:

  ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

Which creates the Makefile environment...

I attempt the buildconf.sh script even though it isn't required and it fails
with the following:

libtoolize --force --automake --copy
aclocal
automake -a --foreign -i --copy
configure.in: 22: required file `scripts/build/unix/ltconfig' not found
autoconf
configure.in:24: AC_PROG_CPP was called before AC_PROG_CC

I try 'make' and, while it doesn't give an error, I get no mod_jk.so file
and the following messages:

Making all in common
make[1]: Entering directory `/path/to/src/jk/native/common'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/path/to/src/jk/native/common'
Making all in apache-2.0
make[1]: Entering directory `/path/to/src/jk/native/apache-2.0'
/bin/bash /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=install cp
mod_jk.la `pwd`/mod_jk.so
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish
/usr/local/apache2/modules'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/path/to/src/jk/native/apache-2.0'

This leaves me with a mod_jk.la file that is 617 bytes. :(

I know there's a root cause to all of these problems and once I fix it, I
can probably switch back and forth between mod_jk and mod_jk2 in my sleep
but as-is, I'm stuck and frustrated.   Thanks for any help you can provide
and thanks for the work you put into that how-to!

[ j o h n ]