tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Manuel González Castro <iinmg...@ucv.udc.es>
Subject Apache 2+Tomcat 4.1.12: how to disable the Coyote HTTP connector?
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:56:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Apache HTTP Server 2.0.43 + Tomcat 4.1.12 + mod_jk and
everything is working fine, Apache can talk to Tomcat to serve *.jsp pages.

Now I'd like to disable the default "non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on
port 8080" because I don't like everybody getting into
http://mydomain.com:8080 and seeing the Tomcat congratulations page,
manager, admin page, ... I just want Tomcat to serve JSP pages to Apache
using mod_jk.

I commented the default Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector and leaved the AJP 1.3 as
the only Connector in my server.xml file:

               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

But when I request a JSP file to Apache, Tomcat doesn't answer, I get this
error:
"Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Is there any way to prevent people from accesing http://mydomain:8080 and
leave AJP 1.3 as the only Connector ?

Thanks in advance!
Manuel