tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "guykaisin" <guy.kai...@lucpire.be>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.18 and symbolic links
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:59:54 GMT
Hi,

I am currently using TC 4.1.18.
But I'd like to use symlink inside my webapp. I works with TC 4.0.3, but no more with the
last version 4.1.18. Why?
For exemple, I have the webapp 'test', which contains a subdirectory "docs". This "docs" directory
contains a symlink to /usr/webapps/pdf.
So my webapp structure is:

webapp/test
              |_docs/pdf -> /usr/webapps/pdf

If I try to access any pdf document in the directory /webapp/test/docs/pdf with an url like
http://myhost/test/docs/pdf/test.pdf,
it doesn't work. I get the error message:

    HTTP Status 404
        The requested resource is not available

the symlink has been created with the following command:
ln -s /usr/webapps/pdf

Can someone help me?

Thanks