tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Khalid Hajsaleh" <>
Subject jsp:setProperty
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:40:38 GMT
I am trying to use the directive jsp:setProperty to set the attributes
on a bean. However, when I try to set a password field, I get the error:
Can't find a method to write property 'password' of type
'java.lang.String' in a bean of type 'Mylogin.UserLoginBean'
I am getting the password from the screen:
<input type="password" name="password">

and then in the jsp, I am calling
<jsp:useBean id="userLoginBean" scope="session"
class="Mylogin.UserLoginBean" />
<jsp:setProperty name="userLoginBean" property="password"/>

in the class, I have password:
String password;
public void setPassowrd(String password){
	System.out.println("inside password");

I am doing the same with other properties and it seems that password is
the only one running into problem.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: