tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Bullock" <jbull...@bluestarsolutions.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk tomcat/apache connector issue
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:24:21 GMT
Thanks Adrian... I commented out the JK2 connector in server.xml and
uncommented the JK connector... still got the 'syntax error on line 4' error
message when attempting to start apache.

I also followed the instructions for trying to build coyote/JK2 on the URL
you posted before I gave up and tried to do mod_jk instead... the mod_jk2
problems I had were in step 8 where you run 'ant native'... the 'ant' in the
root gave me jtc.jar with no problems, but when I did 'ant native' in the
/jk directory, the build failed with the following:

       [so] StdErr:
       [so] ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting
taken
       [so] ld: fatal: file mod_jk.so: cannot open file: No such file or
directory
       [so] ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
.libs/mod_jk.so
       [so] collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Tried rebuilding from scratch and all sorts of things before throwing in the
towel and following John Turner's how-to, but I can't seem to get that one
to work either... I must be missing something because I know it can't be
this hard to get it to work. :(

[ j o h n ]