tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Triptpal Singh Lamba" <tr...@cs.sunysb.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat Won't start on NT
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:31:40 GMT

Raj do a ctrl alt delete and tell us if tomcat the process is running or
not. It is possible that you chose run as a system process while
installing on NT.

To do a double check run it as you are and then check
http://localhost:portno/

If u see the page - it means tomcat is running as a background process
and u need to make it not "disappear". If not then tomcat could be
throwing some expceptions which is the 2nd thing we will go for.

Tript Singh

-----Original Message-----
From: Raj [mailto:n_rajmohan@chennai.tcs.co.in]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 5:51 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Tomcat Won't start on NT

Hi,
I installed Tomcat 4.1.17 on Win NT 4. Installation went through fine
without any problems. Previously, I have installed JDK 1.3.0. When I
started installing, it said "Using JDK found in c:\jdk1.3". Then, when I
click on
Start>Program Files>Apache Group>Start Tomcat, nothing happens. The
Start>console
window comes up, stays for a second, and then vanishes....It is working
on a different Win NT machine. What could be the problem?

Thanks and regards,
Raj

For additional commands, e-mail: