tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mech" <m...@rz.fh-augsburg.de>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.18/19 - How to activate gzip support?
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:58:02 GMT
Maybe let's go back to the more interesting original question, although
it might be possible to use a filter for gzip,too.

That was "how to enable gzip for Tomcat 4.1.19"

Release notes say:

[4.1.19] CoyoteConnector:
         Add HTTP/1.1 GZIP compression support.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.19-alph
a/RELEASE-NOTES

So great to hear, but which button to push to activate this "secret
feature"? Didn't find a hint in the 4.1.19 documentation.
Michael